With the use of metal bins and air tight cap seals, the packaging industry provides containers for a variety of products. From 1/2 pint paint containers to walk in size metal storage units, in fact, if you have something that you want to distribute or keep safe and dry, there is a container for you. If you are looking for a lighter weight containers you can also get plastic containers in a variety of shapes and sizes. Still going as small as a 1/2 pint paint container, plastic is often a more feasible option for many retailers.
In addition to long term safe storage uses, there are also a number of containers that are increasingly popular for food and beverages. Although it may seem like a thing of the past when dairy bottles were delivered to a home on a weekly basis, with the trend of buying organic foods and drinks there are again a number of families who are relying on the delivery of these jugs of calcium for their daily consumption.
Finding the Right Container Can Provide Safe and Sterile Storage When Needed
As both manufacturers and consumers around the world are watching to see the impact of the latest proposed tariffs on goods coming from China, the container industry is also observing as well. From the companies that produce beverage bottles and cans to plants that produce wholesale steel barrels, there are a number of companies that are anxious about the impact these import fees could have on the economy.
Consider these facts and figures that involve a variety of plastic, steel, and bottle packaging options and the impact that these manufacturers have on the nation’s economy:
- As of July 2016, the global cellular container ship fleet could carry around 20 million standard containers, according to Statista.
- The containers industry’s quantity of goods has increased from 100 million metric tons in the year 1980 to nearly 1.7 billion metric tons in the year 2015.
- 206 million pounds of milk are produced in the U.S. every year.
- 69% of steel in North America is recycled each year.
- 38% of all high-density polyethylene (HDPE) products are comprised of bottles and containers.
- Transporting every type of cargo, 50,000 internationally trading merchant ships travel the world’s waters.
The delivery of goods in the world depends on the storage container industry, both large and small.