When you have outdoor space, it always looks better when it has been landscaped. If you need landscape supplies, you can often find them in local big-box stores as well as at smaller nurseries. You can get supplies such as backyard landscaping stones that are helpful for creating hardscapes that are great contrasts to the plants in your landscaping. These and other backyard materials can help you transform a lawn into a park-like oasis where you will want to spend time.
To get some beautiful garden ideas for home landscaping, look at pictures on Pinterest and Instagram. There are pictures of every type of landscaped area, allowing you to get a few ideas for your own yard. The best residential landscape design often uses plants that do well in your local climate. If you choose plants that aren’t native to the area, they will likely need a lot more work than native plants. They also need more water and fertilizer much of the time. Using native plants is better for the environment, and it ensures that you aren’t introducing invasive plants to the area. When you have your space landscaped, you will love the way it looks and may entertain more often.
One of the advantages to hardscaping ideas is that they do not waste water in order to look beautiful.As the hot days of summer finally end, you are looking at making some major changes about the landscaping around your home. And while the plants, flowers, and shrubs that you currently have are looking so great right now, you are growing weary of all of the work. With a goal of increasing more of your space to hardscaping, you are going to rethink the areas in front of and behind the house to see what changes you might want to make. The fact that you are rethinking these spaces that have been the same for so many years is an indicator of the popular changes that more and more people are making in an effort to create spaces that require less watering and less care.
Taking the time and spending the money and water that it takes to keep landscaping alive in the southwestern part of the country has always been slightly foolish. As the custom hardscaping services are a reaction to the environment in the Southwest, this same approach is also growing in popularity in other parts of the country as well. The idea of continually having to water landscaping and later trim it is a never ending circle. Transforming spaces to recommendations from custom hardscaping services, however, can help you turn a space into something that can remain beautiful and unchanged without much maintenance. Consider some of these facts and figures about the landscaping and hardscaping industries and the contributions they make to the economy:
- Unless you like to spend hours pruning and weeding, hardscaping is a popular option.
- The average lawn needs about one inch of water per week to stay healthy.
- Dry, thirsty lawns show two very visible warning signs.
- One of the signs of a thirsty lawn is footprinting. This is when after walking across the lawn, footprints are still visible an hour or more later.
- One other sign of a thirsty lawn is a color change, when the grass color changes from a lush green to a bluish-gray color.
- Relying on experienced landscapers can help you achieve the goal of a beautiful space that is as attractive from the street as it is from your front door.
- Contracting with hardscaping professionals can help you create the perfect space that does not require watering or daily maintenance.
- Having a tree that shades an outdoor air conditioner can increase the unit’s efficiency by as much as 10%.
- Outdoor fireplace designs can help create a great gathering spot for friends and family during many months of the year.
- Installing paver patios is another great way to help create another outdoor gathering space that both friends and family will be able to enjoy.
- Custom water features add another dimension to outdoor areas by providing a beautiful background music to the area.
- Estimates indicate that 67% of landscaping projects in the U.S. involve single family residential homes.
- Sideyards are one area that many home owners forget about. These are great space, however, where it is possible to combine beautiful sounding water features with hardscaping or landscaping designs.
No matter what part of the country that you live you in, custom hardscaping services are growing in popularity. As an attractive ground cover that dies not need to be watered, the combination of rocks and other options create a designs that do not need to be watered or carefully maintained.
Whether you are a new home owner planning for your first outdoor projects or you are a long time home owner who is looking to make updates to your current space, working with design specialists can help you imagine all of the possibilities that you can use.
In a time when more and more parts of the country are worried about the conservation of water, it should come as no surprise that custom hardscaping services are growing in popularity. Given that Money Magazine reports that landscaping and hardscaping can bring a recovery value between 100% and 200 % at selling time, it makes sense that more and more homeowners are investing in the various areas outside their homes.