There are a lot of weddings every year in the United States. It has been estimated that each year, there are at about 2.4 million of them around the country. People spend a lot of time planning their weddings. From looking at wedding ballrooms to getting the right company that provides catering for events, there are a lot of details to think about. The average American couple spends a year planning for their big day. Here are some tips to help you plan the wedding of your dreams.
- Set your budget. Before you set out to start looking at wedding venues and ballrooms for weddings, you need to know how much you are going to be able to spend on your big day. Remember, this is an important day but you still need to establish a budget and then stick to it. Within the larger wedding budget, you also have to decide how much you want to spend on catering, alcohol for the event., floral arrangements, the venue, the music, and a host of other details. Take time when you are preparing your budget to make sure you have it all covered.
- Pick your date. Setting the date before you start to do things such as look at wedding ballrooms is crucial because it will impact when you have to start planning. If you decide to get married at a very popular time of the year for weddings or other big events such as graduation parties, you will have to start your planning earlier than if you are looking at a less popular time.
- Lists are your friend. Whenever you are planning a big and important event like a wedding, the number of details you will have to keep an eye on can seem enormous. One way to stay on top of things and not let anything fall through the cracks is to make “to do” lists. They really can keep you on track and make a difference in your big day.
- Find a venue. The time of year when you are planning your wedding may limit the wedding ballrooms that you will be able to choose from. You need to think about more than how great the place looks. You need a place that fits with the number of people you are inviting. It should also be easy to get to, offer decent parking, and, if needed, be accessible to people with problems with mobility. If you are going for a place that offers all inclusive weddings, you will have less to worry about but if you are not going that route, you need to make sure your vendors can work with the venue that you select.
- Pick the right catering. Think about what kind of food you like and what you want to serve your guests. Like any big event, the catering can make or break it and will have a big impact on how your guests enjoy your event. Keep in mind that people do have food allergies and if you love spicy foods, they may not work as well for everyone. Make sure you can get your own catering for the venue you select.
- Get all your vendors. You need to also find a florist, DJ or band, someone to make your cake if you are going that route. When you interview vendors, make sure they have experience working with the venue you have selected. Some wedding ballrooms are harder to deal with than others.
- Enjoy the day. You want your wedding to be perfect. You want nothing to go wrong. That is normal. The reality is that things will go wrong. Not everything will be perfect. What you need to remember is that is ok. No one but you really knows how you want everything to go. If you go into the day expecting some issues to come up, you will deal with them better. Moreover, if you let these issues ruin your day, you will have wasted a lot of time, money and energy. Relax and enjoy your day. It is, after all, just a big party.
Planning a wedding can be stressful but it does not have to be. If you follow these tips, it will be easier.